Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 13 prompt 1

Prompt #64

"64. Dump the trash bin on the floor, pull on your rubber gloves, and start hunting for the truth that only your throwaways know."

The day was Monday and everything was going as expected. First, I locked my keys in my car. I found out by having to scrape through the frost on my window and look for my long hanging key chain with the Ford symbol on it. Next I was looking for my paycheck in the pile of my mail and of course I couldn't find it. It was 3:30 and my bank closes at 4. "Oh what fun this was going to be." I thought to myself.

I rummaged through my room, a room that was once clean looked now as though a bum went through it and it was a mess. I yelled and hollered hoping maybe my frustrations would possibly make it appear right in front of me somewhere. I opened the trash lid and a cloud of stench basically blew in my face. "Oh hell no." I then thought but I knew my mother could have possibly thrown it away by accident. I took a plastic bag from under the sink, pulled on my rubber gloves and began to hunt for that little piece of paper that was about to pay for my truck payment and a fresh set of nails from the salon.

I picked through the old cat food and found some old mail. I flipped through a the first few whispering "come on... Come ON!" and there it was, my paycheck. As I was about to give it a kiss I noticed there was that fishy smell, a piece of last nights dinner dried to the top of it. I lay it on the counter and began to clean everything up.

Now my mom is big into scratch tickets and she usually does really well. That's when I next found under my paycheck, an unscratched ticket. Extremely interested in my new finding I quickly cleaned up the trash and threw my damp and dirty gloves on the clean counter. I scratched the winning number, then I scratched my own numbers. Then unlike my normal Monday bad luck, a feeling of just striking gold came through me! I won a hundred dollars! After already being so thankful to find my paycheck, I found this ticket. I felt as though it should be my mothers but heck! I went through enough Monday-madness! I was keeping this. However, I wonder what kind of bad luck will come next Monday?

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, it's too darned late in the semester for me to even wonder, much less ask, if this is all strictly factual. I'll take it as fact and offer my congratulations on your good fortune.

    For week 13, some sort of small to large development, thoughts on luck and fate, would help.

    ReplyDelete