Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week 11 Prompt #3

3605.
He warmed himself with a cold blanket.
http://onemillionfootnotes.blogspot.com/


"This blanket, it's colder than I am." I said as I threw it on after a long day of work. I had walked home that day. I just cleaned over at my neighbors house as she is getting very old. I thought to myself how it didn't make sense that I was cold, covering myself with something much colder than I. I was just hoping for warmth. Even through that notion, I could not take off that blanket.

This blanket is cold, like the one who previously had it. We broke up many months ago, he told me he was leaving me for someone else. I couldn't believe it, I wanted to know who. Though he would never tell me, he left before I could say even good bye or maybe f*** you. He left his blanket and I didn't want it. After walking in 40 degree weather I will take what I can get. I can't help but think how it so much represents him. It's thin, like it's got nothing to it. It's surface looks cozy and warm but inside and to the touch there's nothing. Like him, there was nothing to him, blank looks and unforgiving way of talking to me. I needed to let go of this blanket, it was all that was left of him and I needed to let go of them both.


I feel like I could add more to this, how this blanket seriously so in depth represents an ex boyfriend. This is actually true to too.

1 comment:

  1. This works, and IMO adding more would just over-do the comparison. With an idea like this, the writer has to let the reader imagine the situation and not shove the material into the audience's face. I'd say you hit it just right her, not too much, not too little.

    ReplyDelete