Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Prompt #1 from 52-55 On Week 11

From Uncle Henry's
Ad URL: http://www.unclehenrys.com/classified/4222708/classified?back=%2Fsearch%2FTrucks%3Fsr%3D1295211%234222708

The Ad: Category: Trucks: Medium & Heavy Duty
For Sale
Price: 1800.0
Location: Holden, ME
Phone: 207-299-5170
Up for sale is the old Gilbert Construction mud truck. Comes with lots of parts. Call Chris more information. Serious mudders only please.

(I'm writing as if it were me putting this truck up for sale, putting myself in perspective of how this buyer could be.)

Thumbing through last weeks Henry's I'm lookin' at all these rigs people put up for sale. Complete mud trucks anywhere from $3,000-$20,000.
I sit here in awe how one could afford all the parts once they break 'em. I was telling a friend on Facebook how I recently put an ad up for my own mud truck.
Used it to mud for Gilbert Contruction, got a lot of use out of it. When I got laid off from the mill though I just couldn't afford to fix it this last time. Been sitting
in the backyard for some time now. It holds a lot of value to me but I just can't keep it. My son depends on me and I have to provide for him. I just
rebuilt the tranny and boy didn't that cost me penny. I'm selling it with a bunch of parts, that's what I put in my ad. I didn't say any of them were good parts
but they're parts.

I almost hope that no body calls me for it. I listed it for a pretty reasonable price. Someone with a pocket full of money could easily restore it but I
almost rather keep it sitting in my back yard. Maybe someday my boy could have it as his own and rebuild it himself. Something with that much value I'd
hate to lose. The second someone calls though I can't go actin' all sentimental though. I need to be tough and save up my money. Hoping one day as I'm
thumbing through the Henry's again I can lay my thumb on another truck and just go buy it. When I don't have all these money problems that is. I just gotta tell
the people callin' that I'm selling it 'cause I just don't have the time anymore. That's what I'll do, tell em that lie.

1 comment:

  1. You do a nice job imagining the seller, his problems, his personality and giving the prompt a fine ride, plus--you'll be glad to hear!--this is exactly the kind of fictionalizing creativity I think is perfect for ENG 162!

    ReplyDelete