Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 10 Theme

Ever since I was 5 I have been going down to Albany, New Hampshire and staying at a campround for an event called Bike Week which is held in Laconia every year. I have become very close to a few people my own age over the years from towns that are close to Albany. There is one guy out of the semi-large group of friends that particularly fits my fancy. The attraction was always there, but I would hide it, never expecting anything could ever become of my interest in him. It had been over 2 years since I had last laid my eyes on him, which only meant one thing, I had to see him.

We would text none stop for weeks, then a few weeks would pass where we'd lose touch, no matter what he always held a spot in my heart. It has been like a fantasy; wanting what you just can't have. I decided however that it had been long enough, I just wanted to see him, wanted to hear his voice in person. It wasn't ever love it was just lust, pure heart throbbing, day dreaming lust and I had to get my fill. I drove over two hours and thirty minutes to see him and a few of my other close friends from the area. I drove down not having a clue where I was going to stay but I didn't care, I was excited and loved it even more that I had no plan.

I drove through Brunswick, busy Portland and took exit 11 which only meant one thing, route 302 was going to get me straight to where I needed to go. As I crossed into New Hampshire, and headed on route 16 to North Conway my heart just started to beat even faster. My destination was going to be at one of my girl friends house and 'he' was already there.

I pulled in and unhooked my phone from its charger. I had forgotten to shut off my phone so it was continuing to tell me I had arrived at my destination. I opened up the door adn everyone in the room turned and looked. My eyes initially went to my girl friends and she ran over to give me the biggest hug. As soon as she let go 'he' quickly grabbed a hold of me. I don't know why I had the feelings I did but hugging him that night was one of the greatest feelings, I knew it was going to be such a great night. We sat next to eachother at the table, and played beer pong together; we were the champions that night. Drinks of spiced rum and chilled vodka kept coming but it was so worth it. The hours kept flying by and before I knew it it was already 2am. The party was dying down but we were wide awake. By that time we found our way to the back yard. A few conked out partiers were rested around the fire place. There were two broken plastic lawn chairs tipped over. We looked around for a dry place to sit. Somewhere that wasn't covered with beer or wet from rain.

As we sat and talked for hours, I felt his warm arm come around me. I didn't know how to feel because I knew we were only friends. I wanted it to be more, but knew that could just never happen. Living so far away, he was never going to move to Maine and I would just never be able to move there. I wanted to bring it up, but it was like he knew I was going to so he kissed me instead. I figured that was my answer and I'd take tonight to have fun and enjoy where I was. Nights such as this don't happen nearly enough and I knew, him and I could stretch this bond for as long as we could. Young and alive, and that's all I felt that night. Daylight soon came upon us and neither of us slept. "I'll sleep when I'm dead." I said, "tonight I'm yours." He replied.

1 comment:

  1. Week 10 is all about finding unusual ways to pull a reader in, and you do that here very nicely by teasing, by being coy, by doing the dance of a 1000 veils, by unleashing the reader imagination and letting us decide how this story ends. You give enough hints--but still leave it all just the right amount of mysterious.

    ReplyDelete