Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 7 prompt

Who's the first person you remember? Without thinking too hard about this question, the first person I remember is Ms. Taylor. My kindergarden teacher. I mean; she is where it all started for me. She got me going, got me into first grade and heck, she taught me how to read. She was one of the kindest people, and for my first time going to school I couldn't have asked for a better teacher.

Ms. Taylor was never married, she lived with her daughter and took school very seriously. It was her passion and she has always been so good at it. She used colors, and very smart techniques to get us to do things we didn't want to do. I remember one day the fire alarm went off, earlier that morning she had somehow incorportated foreshadow into a lesson. Foreshadowing is something you learn in grade school and she taught us in kindergarden. She did a lesson with fire trucks and escape routes. Though I don't remember the exact lesson, those parts still stick. When the alarm went off I heard a kid yell "Ms. Taylor! You knew that was gonna happen didn't you!" Then she taught us a no vocabulary word. She was sneaky. Always so nice and no matter how much glue I got in my hair, she figured out ways of teaching me right from wreong. I will always remember her name.

1 comment:

  1. "no matter how much glue I got in my hair"

    :)

    What was the vocabulary word? 'Foreshadowing'? That's unclear.

    Nice move in this to have a specific story to tell about her teaching and a particular lesson.

    ReplyDelete