Wednesday, October 9, 2013

week 6 prompt rewrite #1

The safest place Most of us when we are young teens can't wait to move out of the house. At a young age we start thinking about what it would be like to live on our own. Lots of us would rather live rent free forever. Home cooked meals every night and a solid home schedule gives a great sense of security. My parents home gives me that.


I have moved out twice do to school and an apartment opportunity opening up. I lived on my own for a solid year and I did really well. Money wasn't an issue or anything, it was just very different. Snow storms, feeling sick, power outages; I always feel better being with my parents. It's a natural feeling since it was that way for 18 years. Home is the safest place in the world... Home is where the two people are that raised me, fed, me and clothed me. Being away I found myself going back and visiting often. They never babied me they always had me do things on my own and learn from my mistakes. My parents are the safest place for me, where ever they are. It was still okay for me to move out because I knew 'home' would always be there when I got back. Yet on certain days I'd wish I were home more than others.

I remember having a double ear infection and then a sinus infection. I was home and bawling my eyes out because I was so sick. I ended up spending 7 hours in the emergency room by myself at EMMC. I needed an IV and direct pain medication it was so bad. They didn't even have me wait they immediately put me in a room when I arrived. Times like this I didn't think it would have gotten that bad if I was home and my mom was there. I wouldn't have been so dehydrated. Home is where the heart is, I will always believe that.

Hopefully someday my boyfriend and I will have our own place and that will be home. I think for all of eternity though, home will also be where my parents are.They have done so much for me that I will forever so thankful.I have learned not to take home or my parents for granted. To accept that I will always be a little girl at heart and appreciate home. The safest place in the world.

2 comments:

  1. johngoldfineOctober 3, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    Aw, Ashley, you really really have to break a piece this long into shorter grafs. Apart from consideration from your audience, your writing improves if you think in paragraph-size chunks instead of sentence-size. Paragraphing is part of the deal a writer has with the reader, and it's not just one more dumb thing your fourth grade teacher tried to ram down your throat.

    --from my 9/22 comment

    So, how the heck about it? Can you reparagraph and repost this?

    ReplyDelete