Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 7 prompt

Who is the last person you want to remember?

When I think of this prompt, I think about this as in a sense of me being 2 minutes from death, thinking about everyone. Now this person could change from now til when I do pass. For me it would be a man named Skip, or Donald Rogers. To describe him in a way that he deserves would be hard. He passed away in a motorcycle accident, about 12 hours after the accident occurred. One of the worst days of my life.

Being a young child, this old guy would always come up to me, rub his knuckle in my head and say 'whose this knuckle head comin' around?' I would always look up, cheeks blushing and do a fake little laugh because I was so shy. Growing up I got out of it a little, he would still call me the same name but around 12 years old he adopted a new one, or I should say I did. "Corn beef hashley," because my name is Ashley. That was my favorite one cause who the heck else would think of that?

I remember the day he showed me all his tattoos. Not remembering half of them however; one always stuck. That house fly he had on his ankle. Yes, a damn house fly. Skip went to every motorcyle event and bar from here to California. He said it was a drunken night in Vegas when he was in his 30's, and I believe it. Even in his 60's he was a crazy bastard. He drove a 124 S&S Harley Davidson with NOS. I don't think he got the chance to use it, just the fact that it was there. He was always someone I looked up to and wanted to be just like. He was such a badass, yet really intelligent and so down to Earth. I always said he could have his own show due to his great characteristics. Though he has passed away, his memory will forever linger. He will quite possibly be one of the last people I think about before my last breath, or my last day.

1 comment:

  1. "Skip went to every motorcyle event and bar from here to California."

    Nice line!

    Lot of good stuff in here: the tattoos, the hashley, the knucklehead, and so on. But it can't come together unless we know just a bit more about him--friend of your father, uncle, guy in the neighborhood? And maybe a little dramatization of the day of the accident--where were you when you heard, what did you do, etc?

    And why, in the end, will be one of the last people you think of--why did you love him so much?

    ReplyDelete