Friday, October 18, 2013

Redone-- Into paragraphing! Week of character!

When I think of theme being character it sort of opens up my brain to what theme really means. Theme is just a continuing thought or subject throughout a piece of work. Character doesn't just mean a peron, it means, how they are, who they are and what significance they have on me. Reading another blog gave me inspiration. My boyfriend Caleb is the most loving, amazing, handsome redneck country boy I could have found. I use the term "kind-eyes" so often, but it's very true with him. When he is looking off somewhere else I catch myself starring. If I were to really look at him, I notice first those double-knee Carhartt jeans. His Chippiwa work boots and his favorite blue Carhartt sweatshirt.

He is a person that honestly has so much "character." Isn't boring, just always comes with so much... life! When he comes around me he tries to wear the stuff with as little stains as possible. This shows character. It shows: "I wear what I like to wear, but I'm not sloppy." Also "I wear comfortable clothing, but still care what people think." I like this about him, one of the best characteristics is NOT caring about what others think. He's also a genius under the hood of ANYTHING with a motor. His hands show a days work and he doesn't care who sees that. Apologizes for the grease but I think it shows life. It shows hardwork and that he's just a real down to earth person. Trying not to be too cheesy here... He's so funny when he talks about people pissing him off. How "they'll regret it." In my head I say "HA yeah O.K." Because I know he's all talk. Its emotion though, I love when he shows it. Emotion just shows that everyone is touchable, everyone bleeds. We all feel emotion and no one should be afraid to show it.

The best thing is that he isn't awkward! Being awkward and shy is just a sign of not being comfortable with yourself. When people have this, it really effects how people view them. He always has something to talk about no matter who it is. He finds something in everyone that he can relate to and he runs with it, he isn't afraid to learn something about someone and that's important. Caleb is a kind, hardworking social butterfly. Though that doesn't put the bread on the table, he knows when its time to work. Although I have to ignore half his texts so he does get work done he still knows his place. He always shows that he's thinking of me and I couldn't ask for more.

To have someone in your life like that I think is important. Someone you feel that strongly about. A person I do believe is one of the most interesting speciman and topics there is. Everyone is different. I could have written 3 pages on the girl in my Literature class who never says a word; yet through her eyes shows that she understands everything. I always want her to speak to catch her insight, however she never does. To capture someone in their true form is a great thing, I have been fortunate to catch Caleb that way. Always being himself, goofy, fun loving, yet sometimes annoying, but I couldn't live with out him.

4 comments:

  1. But Ashley--there are still no signs of paragraphs! Best method of marking grafs IMO is to double space between them. Or put in a row of asterisks. Worst for online is indents--but I don't even see any indents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This material below is part of your working process; it's how you got started. But it's really not part of your sketch of Caleb.

    "When I think of theme being character it sort of opens up my brain to what theme really means. Theme is just a continuing thought or subject throughout a piece of work. Character doesn't just mean a peron, it means, how they are, who they are and what significance they have on me. Reading another blog gave me inspiration."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the material jumps off the page for the reader, some not.

    Graf 2 is full of stuff for the reader to wrap his mind around.

    But graf 3--you use 'thing' or 'something' four times to skip away from stories or visuals; it's a way of generalizing which is pretty much the opposite of what you want to be doing.

    Here's where that graf suddenly kicks back into gear:

    " Although I have to ignore half his texts so he does get work done he still knows his place. He always shows that he's thinking of me and I couldn't ask for more. "

    ReplyDelete