Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mud runs

Big tall trucks. Mud and country boys. I think that's all a country girl can really ask for. Loud exhausts and smiling muddy faces. Vodka and cranberry only makes it more exciting ! This is literally the place to be this Labor Day weekend. I'm with my best of friends, my truck and sunshine. I couldn't be happier! Not to mention the fact that I'm not working.

I'm staying the night in the back seat of my truck. I can only imagine the hard leather seats on my back when might falls. Honestly though, maybe it's a weekend for no sleep. No sleep at least til the last engine roars, the last speck of mud flies and when the fat shirtless men yell "YEEEWWWW." That's when  you pour another. It's like a rednecks heaven .

I look down at my drink. All te ice has melted and there is a fruit fly floating around. I stare at it for a second then take a big haul off it and look again to see of its still there. It's not. I drink until its gone. Until the next bug lands. Protein right?

Time for the deep mud hole.
The best part!

2 comments:

  1. Bugs in your drinks seem to be a motif or theme in your writing!

    Nice evocation of a country-girl Labor Day weekend--and this is a diary entry, just for fun, assignment #--?, or--? Glad to read it in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying that this spiderweb type font is replaced by something more English-teacher friendly.

    ReplyDelete