Friday, August 30, 2013

Journal post 3

What makes a good boss? Honestly I would like to know. I hear people all the time complaining about theirs and very rarely hear anyone saying anything good about them. I would like to say that at my job, the person I answer to isn't even the boss. The boss doesn't do their bossly deeds... At least not correctly. My mother is the general manager at the place I work and I answer to her. Not only because she is my mother but she expresses the care and hard work that a boss should have. She works a ton of overtime hours, always goes above and beyond and makes sure everyone here has what they need. The new boss that was hired doesn't even greet her employees or ask how things are going. Expresses no need to understand the front desk computer or how general operations run. In my opinion no matter how many things a boss has to do, they should have a full understanding of all the mechanics of a resort. Some days I just want to say how I feel about it all and leave and never come back. The most aggravating part of the whole thing is is that this new boss lady is getting paid double each week than I am and more than my mother is and we do more work than she does combined.... This is when I hate the saying.. "It is what it is." But it is what it is.

We still have 2 months left in the season that we are opening so I'm hoping things do not go further down hill than they already have! Its been one hectic work filled Summer I haven't done anything for myself. Work 50 hours a week plus college courses now. Lets see how this goes!

2 comments:

  1. "This is when I hate the saying.. "It is what it is." But it is what it is."

    Nicely put!

    Y'know, it's sort of weird that your life seems to bounce back and forth between this job and '1984'--is the universe trying to tell you something about work, is your work trying to tell you something about your job and your boss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And is 1984 trying to tell you that Big Brother is alive and well, even at Glenmoor By the Sea???

    ReplyDelete