Monday, August 26, 2013

WEEK 1 Part 1 Journals

The idea of journals focusing on "here and now" can be such a self teaching experience. The more one writes about their current situation(s) you can realizes thins like "huh I can get through this." Or "I'm in way over my head." For me lately has been CRAZY! I am very independent and I'm pretty sure that's why I'm still single. I want what I want and I will work hard for it if I think its within reach. I recently bought a 2007 Lincoln Mark LT with a 5.4 300 horse. I am in love with it. It's white and for me it proves my hard work. I work right now about 45-55 hours a week and it pays off. I love and hate my job but don't feel like writing about that, gets me too worked up.

Anyways... being told that I have a nice truck at least 2 times a day, makes me smile. I know it's somewhat materialistic but I am happy and I believe that's what counts right? Having something to show for how far you have come I believe is very motivational to keep going. The payments are high and so is my insurance but I believe this will be a great experience. I did this all on my own, no cosigner, paying for it all by myself. I am 20 years old and it is a great feeling to accomplishing something I have only been dreaming of. It is only the beginning of a beautiful life ahead. If I have learned anything lately... It's to keep going because if one door closes, another one is about to open.

Off to bed, starting job #2 tomorrow and heading to EMCC for my one and only on campus Literature course! Adios!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not the automotive guy, so before I was even done reading your piece, I was here:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=2007+Lincoln+Mark+LT&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=BR4cUvjSCqLBsATm3YC4Dg&biw=1527&bih=871&sei=Cx4cUtmLFaevsQTSwoCAAQ

    :)

    The two things go together, huh? The vehicle and the sense of independence and empowerment?

    But the funny thing about this entry is the teaser--that's where we suddenly get interested and then you shut the reader out. Do you know what the teaser is? (Hint: four letter word starting with w and ending with k.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work? Hahaha. & isn't my truck pretty? :P
    If that is the teaser you are thinking of then there will be further journals on that before this week is over! :)

    ReplyDelete