Friday, August 30, 2013

Same day journal #4

Today I am writing 2 journals because of a comment made! :)
My job is something I could ramble on and on about. The interesting part is that at the end of EVERY rant I have about my work.. Comes peace, comes me ending with "but its beautiful and I wouldn't trade it for anything." Something along those lines.

Its a resort with 32 rooms and we are very short staffed. Its 16 acres and takes  a lot of work and time to maintain. Our guests thankfully always leave seeming very happy. This weekend is intense because the property has 4 investors whom are here for 3 days who have put thousands of dollars into it but have never seen it until 3 years later. Now is that ballsy or WHAT!?

We don't exactly know yet what their thoughts are on it just yet. There are a few minor details about this place that we have yet to inform them about. We may wait until they have a few cocktails later on. See whose heads are still left on their bodies come Sunday morning.

Its a place where I put in overtime hours every week to keep things running smoothly. I truly take pride in my work but feel as though it goes without notice. That occurs a lot of times in life however and what can we do about that besides try even harder or bring it up to your boss.

I am going camping this weekend and thankfully will not be on the property for the investors to decide whether or not they want to keep putting money into it, or if they are just going to give it back to the bank, which if that happens, I have no idea what is going to happen to me. Basically all my time and effort will be down the drain. Lets see what happens......

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 investors"

    I picture these investors as four 40ish dentists on fancy, highly polished Harleys they only ride in perfect weather, fussy about everything and treating everyone like either a sugarholic, cavity-prone patient or a lowly serf of a dental hygienist in their office.

    Best of luck with those dentists! Too bad your weekend camping starts in the rain!

    ReplyDelete