Sunday, September 1, 2013

Journal entry

Today I have noticed a few things. Through this past weekend at the mud runs I encountered many intoxicated people. Drinking a few throughout the night, catching a buzz is fun. However, drinking A LOT then doing it a few nights in a row is something I do not understand. My body can barely handle a hangover the next day let alone drink again. Some of my friends are on their 4th night in a row of drinking because it is Labor Day weekend. I don't understand how they are staying hydrated I hadn't seen anyone else drink a lick of water all weekend!

Alcohol is a depressent. I hardly drink at all and if I drink 3 or more beers I am DOOMED for an afternoon hangover the following day. I know I get pretty depressed when I'm feeling that ill... Does "alcohol being a depressent' mean that during consumption of alcohol? Or after? I know lots of people once they have consumed enough they can get angry or emotional. I'm wondering if thats what that means.

Alcohol can alter moods and perception so quickly its unbelievable. I love those friends that talk louder and get giggly by the end of their first beer. Others are a lush and it takes more but I'd rather be a "cheap drunk" and drink less. A hangover is caused by dehydration. Seems weird because you're consuming a liquid but it isn't the right kind. Alchol is one of those things that the more I think about it, 90% of the time the couple hours of fun just isn't worth the cost of buying the beer and the cost of sometimes wasting an entire next day due to not feeling good or no drive to do anything. I have also noticed that just about everything there is to do around here, we all do with alcohol. I guess it makes things more fun? What does everyone else think?

1 comment:

  1. I think on a hot day a microbrewed beer with supper (and last night I made anchovy-and-mushroom pizza) is one of God's gifts to suffering humanity.

    But if you want to lose your inhibitions, start a fight, cry, hit on your best friend's sweetheart, puke all over the place, drive a car north on I-95 down the southbound lane--then you should think again and stop after one.

    ReplyDelete