Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 1 Part 1: Writers autobiography

week 1 part 1
 I:
I remember the day I began a journal. I was almost 8 years old and my 
birthday was fast approaching. I had to think about what I wanted that 
year and I kept changing my mind.

"Mom I want a computer this year."

"Dad I don't think a computer is that cool anymore... I want a four 
wheeler like all the boys at school."

I might have been a tomboy in elementary school but I didn't care. I 
always liked fitting in with the boys. I didn't however come to a 
conclusion in time and didn't end up with either thing. I believe it 
was the year I got one of those scooters that were so popular. During 
this whole time of deciding what I wanted; I began a journal. I wrote 
mostly every day for a couple of months. Boys were a topic and thinking 
back now I'm sure it was a new one each week.

"I think I am in love." One entry read. "He is so cute and I think he 
really really likes me! I hope he sits next to me at lunch tomorrow."

Yeah... what girl didn't write like that. Anyway; I remember my last 
entry all to well. It was a foggy morning with a few rain drops each 
falling harder than the last. These types of questionable mornings can 
leave you feeling as though something is wrong. Something indeed was...

That morning I had found out a loving family member was taken from us 
by is crazy... and I mean crazy, psycho, b$*&% wife...
My heart was so broken I couldn't even write how I felt truly I 
couldn't even write the words 'killed' 'stabbed' or 'dead' down on 
paper. It was like my hand was holding back. Every part of me was 
crying.  This was the last day I wrote in my journal. The next time I 
ever did was in the 9th grade; same sort of thing we are doing now 
except random and no theme.

I think I will enjoy this...

------
YOU:

"You never know what you've got til its gone."

What an interesting quote... Sometimes you know what you've got and 
you're just ready to let go.

Like lets say, your job. You go into work everyday with high hopes that 
you're going to have a great day and not let anything get you down. 
UNTIL your new "general manager" tells you to do things with a grouchy, 
rude tone you just want to SMACK her, tell her how you REALLY feel, 
maybe curse a little and walk out the door...but you don't have the 
courage yet to give up your paycheck.

So you suck it up day in and day out, working hard feeling like the 
time and effort you put in just means nothing. Quite discouraging if 
one says so.

You take a breath and go into the laundry room thinking that you are 
away from the wretched woman for 5 minutes until she comes in asking 
you why the printer isn't working, a question in which you believe a 
manager of a property should know, you have to turn it off; wiggle a 
few wires around and pray; that's how the printer works.

A deep breath or two, and 2pm comes and you sneak out the door and 
pretend you don't hear her yelling your name.

"Yeah you too!" You yell, pretending she told you to have a good day 
when she really told you she had more work for you...

PEACE!
-------

SHE:

She drives me INSANE! "She" is named Renata but her name even makes my 
insides quiver. She has been employed at Glenmoor by the sea for 3 
weeks, is getting paid an outrageous amount to make outrageous changes 
to the property. Not only that she fails to great her new employees 
each day merely walking by with a snotty expression.

Mind you she was given this job out of the blue without any of the 
employees who have been there for a couple years knowing. She's great! 
Not.

She sits in her Jeep talking on her phone for over an hour EVERY day 
like its some big secret. She has her own huge office in the back!

She is not going to last. She is horrible. SHE needs to go.

4 comments:

  1. "you have to turn it off; wiggle a
    few wires around and pray; that's how the printer works."

    Funny line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first person seems to be digging into your life as a writer--the other two your life at lovely Glenmoor by the Sea.

    I could see the Glenmoor material more as part of a focused-on-work journal than as an autobiography of you as a writer, but I do like all the anger, issues, hassles, and dismay you manage to showcase in just a few lines about your co-workers at lovely Glenmoor by the Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked through a Glenmoor photo album online. One of those four-poster beds looks bigger than my whole bedroom! I could get all five of my dogs up there (plus my wife, of course) with no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your feedback!! I'm glad you looked! Invite your friends I'll give discounts! Ha ha!

    Its actually a beautiful place and it fills me with just about every emotion! - Joy, angry, sadness, happiness, excitement and pure "I want to burn it down." feelings all in one! :P

    ReplyDelete