Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week 4 truth or consequence

I have been away from blogger for a short time now, I have viewed some posts however but haven't had a chance to write my own. I have started 2 other jobs this week so I am up to three. Took this morning off before I go to the mud runs in Pittston to do homework. Now these prompts excited me.....

#16 As I walked out of Kokopellis that day after getting a fresh tattoo on my wrist, a man stopped me and asked if I would like to get paid to talk about something I was passionate about.

"Like in a seminar?" I said.

"More like, a seminar on the streets. Get people engaged. Would you do it?"

I had to think about this. What could I talk about say for a solid 30 minutes or an hour that I really love? TRUCKS! I could talk about trucks forever. I'd compare the models, at least the ones I know best: Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota. I would talk about their suspensions, torque and towing capabilites. Not to menion breaking down V6 and V8 engines.

I would love to be able to talk about trucks because nothing "grinds my gears" like a Chevy owner talking about their trucks whippin' donuts and catchin' pausey. Trucks aren't built to do this boys... They will wear down and you'll be replacing tires, ball joints and your suspension before you know it. My truck can catch pausey... Which means I've tried, yes I admit it.

Talking about something that is passionate to me is why I like writing so much. Some say writing is so hard but you have to try and relate to your writing or figure our why you DON'T relate to it and run off of that. So if this man is OK with me rambling on about Trucks for an hour; I'M IN!




#14 Wishing, lying, dreaming etc. What writing is for me:
Writing to me isn't like any of those things, writing to me is like freedom. It's almost a destination, whether I'm writing a homework assignment or not its the one thing I put everything I have into. Even if my writring isn't perfect I can't wait for feedback. I want every comment on my writing to have some negitive to it, or possibly suggestions, how do I grow without it? It's a place where I don't feel stress or anxiety it lets it all out.

I was asked to write a paper on my favorite movie and why. I chose Full Metal Jacket, this was in high school but it was one of my most favorite pieces to write. War is such a fasination to me that I sat down for 2 hours writing, re-writing and revising my paper, I absolutely loved it. I could write an essay about some Shakespear piece, if its the Odyssey I'm set. (Favorite all time story.) However some literature is hard for me to understand but writing makes me dig deep and really learn, I don't want to just pick information and slap it into a paper, thats not a paper.

Writing is like freedom. It's a destination.


#15 I have magic potion, this potion allows me to give it to someone, (probably sneak it in their drink like some crazy college party) and once they consume it it will allow them to tell the truth for one minute. That's if they speak for that minute. If I could choose anyone to give it to it would be one of my female cousins.

Ever since I was little she has been the one who never smiled, never really let loose and always looked like she either wanted to fight or was holding something back. Shes a hard cookie to crack. She asked me to be a brides maid in her 2013 October wedding. I didn't show up to her bridal shower because...I NEVER GOT AN INVITE! I don't know if she thought she texted me about it or what but I would have been there. Knowing her persona, why would I miss it? She would kill me. She hasn't spoke to me in well over a month and her wedding is October 7th. I don't think she has a problem with me but I would love to give her this potion to figure out why there is this ginormous stick up her ass 24/7.

This girl is family and you want to see them smile. Now if I were to think about what she might say if she had this potion for one solid minute? It almost makes my brain hurt. She holds everything in so well, so I think if this really happened? I would probably brace myself and hid fo cover.


I just want to say, I really enjoy this course, when I'm done writing something, I feel happy. It's very fun!

5 comments:

  1. Ok--you've got to explain 'catch pausey' to me. I've never owned a truck and I've never owned an auto-transmission and I've never owned a rear-wheel drive! So I'm pretty ignorant.

    Is this something to do with getting posi-traction on both rear wheels so you can really haul ass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #16--very unusual and interesting to start this prompt somewhere else, to start at the tattoo shop, and to start with a conversation with a stranger. I'm always impressed with oddball approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Even if my writring isn't perfect I can't wait for feedback. I want every comment on my writing to have some negitive to it, or possibly suggestions, how do I grow without it?"

    I'm more into finding strengths and building on them, but if something weak jumps out at me, I'll mention it.

    In this piece, my negative comment is that you spell 'negative' wrong! Not to mention "writring"! How's that for picky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now if I were to think about what she might say if she had this potion for one solid minute?"

    Well, that's what 15 is all about--what she would say. You give us all the setup and it's good, but right when you're supposed to be giving that girl her truth serum, you stop! She never says a word!

    Try a rewrite where she speaks the truth and shocks the world so bad you have to run for cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha catching pausey is dual traction. Both wheels spin. 4 wheel drive basically! hahah. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete